Be a National Council Delegate
National Council Session & Convention 2023
National Council Delegates help Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois honor the voice of our membership.
Every three years, National Council Delegates representing each council in Girl Scouts of the USA gather for the National Convention and conduct business at the National Council Meeting.
GSUSA announces the dates for the
56th National Council Session and Phenom by Girl Scouts event!
Girl Scouts of the USA sends the following message regarding the 2023 National Council Session.
We are excited to announce the dates for the next National Council
Session (NCS): Tuesday, July 18, through Thursday, July 20,
Also, “Phenom by Girl Scouts,” an event just for girls, will follow
our 56th NCS—kicking off on Thursday, July 20, and wrapping up on
Saturday, July 22, 2023.
We cannot wait to see you—along with thousands of other Girl Scouts
and supporters of our mission from across the country and around the
world—when we gather in Orlando, Florida in July 2023. We know that
you are eager to learn more details and we will be sharing additional
information in the coming months.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Look for more information about the National Council Session coming soon!
National Council Delegate Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Must be a registered member of GSUSA
- Must be 14 years or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Attend the 56th National Convention and all trainings and meetings pertaining to the National Convention
- Have the ability to pay for participation related to the National Conference.
- Think strategically and focus on the future of the GS Movement
- Demonstrate knowledge about the workings of councils and the GS Movement
- Support all the decisions of the National Council
- Obtain a broad view of the opinions of GSNI’s members
- Report National Council decisions and reasons at GSNI’s 2023 Annual Meeting (April)
- Participate as a National Delegate for the entire 3-year term (2022 – 2025)
- Sit on the Special Advisory Committee to the CEO
- National Delegate application deadline is Feburary 7, 2022
Contact Customer Care at 1-844-476-4463 or email@example.com.