Be a National Council Delegate
National Council Session & Convention 2023
National Council Delegates help Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois honor the voice of our membership.
Every three years, National Council Delegates representing each council in Girl Scouts of the USA gather for the National Convention and conduct business at the National Council Meeting.
At the National Council Session (NCS) held in July 2023, eight
delegates elected from GSNI will join Girl Scouts from across our
country to conduct the important business of our Movement, using our
democratic process to do so.
There are seven proposals that will be discussed and voted upon at the NCS. These items are based on input from volunteers, council leaders and staff, national leaders and GSUSA staff, and the volunteer members of the GSUSA Board of Directors.
Please complete this survey to share your thoughts on the proposal topics so our delegates can represent the voice of girls and volunteers in GSNI. All registered members of GSNI age 14+ may complete the survey.
To complete the survey please click here.
For more information about proposals, and biographical information for all the board and NBDC slate candidates please click here for more information.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Look for more information about the National Council Session coming soon!
National Council Delegate Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Must be a registered member of GSUSA
- Must be 14 years or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Attend the 56th National Convention and all trainings and meetings pertaining to the National Convention
- Have the ability to pay for participation related to the National Conference.
- Think strategically and focus on the future of the GS Movement
- Demonstrate knowledge about the workings of councils and the GS Movement
- Support all the decisions of the National Council
- Obtain a broad view of the opinions of GSNI’s members
- Report National Council decisions and reasons at GSNI’s 2023 Annual Meeting (April)
- Participate as a National Delegate for the entire 3-year term (2022 – 2025)
- Sit on the Special Advisory Committee to the CEO
- National Delegate application deadline is Feburary 7, 2022
Contact Customer Care at 1-844-476-4463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.