GSNI is excited to offer once again an easily accessible Virtual Cookie Kick-Off led by GSNI Girl Scout Cookie Stars! The 2022–23 Virtual Cookie Kick-Off (VCKO) will be a YouTube Premier Event on Saturday, December 10, at 1 p.m. (Advance registration is required.)
Here’s your chance to be one of our on-camera Cookie Stars! Individual Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors may audition to be emcees. Auditions must be submitted by Saturday, September 10. See the timeline below for the complete production schedule.
- Individual Girl Scouts may audition to be selected as a VCKO Emcee. Requirements are:
- Girl Scout must be a Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador and registered Girl Scout member for the 2022–23 membership year.
- Record and submit audition video. See submission procedures below.
- Read the provided script.
- Follow video guidelines.
- Wear Girl Scout gear (sash, vest, or any GSNI or GSUSA apparel).
- Selected Girl Scouts will be notified no later than Friday, September 16. See the timeline below for additional requirements and deadlines if selected.
How to Submit Auditions
- Complete the audition submission form to receive invitation email to DropBox to upload video*. Video must be uploaded by deadline of Saturday, September 10, so be sure to submit form at least a few days prior to deadline.
- Complete, scan, and email the video consent form* for a youth member to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload audition video to DropBox using invitation email.
- Emcee audition video must be submitted by Saturday, September 10.
- Selected emcees will be notified no later than Friday, September 16.
- All selected Girl Scout emcees must attend a Zoom Meeting on Monday, September 19, at 6 p.m. to review next steps, procedures, and deadlines.
- If selected as an emcee, recordings will be done with GSNI staff the first week of November.
Individual, Troop, or Group of Girl Scouts
Individual Girl Scouts, troops, or groups may also submit inspirational cookie photos, videos, and stories to be featured in the Virtual Cookie Kick-Off! We are especially looking for:
- Creative Cookie Funds: Did your troop use cookie proceeds to fill a need in your community, go horseback riding, or travel somewhere special? From Daisies to Ambassadors, we want to hear how the cookie program helped your Girl Scouts have an exceptional year!
- Cookie Contests: If your Girl Scout or troop participated in GSNI’s cookie contests, such as Cookie Craver, Cookie Business Challenge, or Gift of Caring, we can’t wait to learn how it made a difference in your cookie experience!
- Individual & Troop Rewards: The cookie program teaches Girl Scouts important entrepreneurial skills, but we know what makes it fun—rewards! Tell us how meaningful rewards helped your Girl Scouts aim higher and accomplish their goals. Troops that earned a Troop Experience Reward (350+ cookie package final per Girl Scout average), let us know what your troop selected as their experience of choice!
Even if a Girl Scout, troop, or group submission is not selected for the 2022–23 VCKO, it may still be used on GSNI’s website, YouTube Channel, or social media platforms throughout the 2022–23 Cookie Program!
We are excited to see what our talented Girl Scouts have to offer! Questions? Let us know at email@example.com.
*All videos and photos must be submitted by a person over the age of 18 who has requested and received permission of all persons featured in the video or photo, or if under 18 years old, the permission of each minor’s parent or guardian. All submissions must also include a completed youth member or adult consent form for each person shown in the video or photo or have approved for images to be used when registering for Girl Scout membership.