From December 13, 2021–March 27, 2022, local Girl Scouts sold Girl Scout Cookies in innovative ways while dealing with unprecedented cookie inventory challenges. Girl Scouts sold cookies virtually on their cookie business websites, hosted pop-up cookie booths in their neighborhoods, worked with DoorDash through a new national partnership, and sold cookies safely in-person door-to-door or at traditional cookie booths outside local businesses.
The following Girl Scouts are the Top 10 Cookie Entrepreneurs for 2021–22 in northern Illinois:
- Rhiannon Reynolds, Troop 4221, Oswego – 3,302 packages
- Zoey Campbell, Troop 1960, McHenry – 3,231 packages
- Caitlyn Hazelwood, Troop 1807, McHenry – 3,222 packages
- Alexis Taylor, Troop 1807, McHenry - 3,222 packages
- Kamarina Henriquez, Troop 1909, McHenry – 3,202 packages
- Madison Lucius, Troop 1909, McHenry - 3,200 packages
- Abigail Shoemaker, Troop 272, McHenry – 2,654 packages
- Olivia Shoemaker, Troop 1960, McHenry – 2,650 packages
- Lydia Miller, Troop 205, Cortland – 2,406 packages
- Giallana Tarello, Troop 1960, McHenry – 2,400 packages
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois is proud of these Girl Scouts—and of all Girl Scouts who participated in the Girl Scout Cookie Program—in a time of new obstacles to overcome. These future community leaders stepped up in amazing ways to become successful entrepreneurs through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
During Girl Scout Cookie season, each local Girl Scout sets out to sell delectable cookies while also building entrepreneurial and business skills imperative for leadership and future success. All the net revenue raised—100 percent of it—stays within our northern Illinois area.
Cookie earnings power amazing experiences through programming, while Girl Scouts and their troops decide how to invest in impactful community projects, personal enrichment opportunities, and more. Skills learned in the cookie program also influence later success as data shows more than half (57%) of Girl Scout alumnae in business say the cookie program was beneficial to skills they possess today, such as money management, goal-setting, and public speaking.