We’re happy to announce GSNI has obtained a Motion Picture Licensing Corporation (MPLC) Umbrella License! This license provides legal permission for the council—along with our troops, groups, and service units—to show a wide variety of movies, TV programs, and other content!
GSNI can now show movies at Girl Scout recruitment events, special council gatherings, and as part of our Girl Scout Leadership Experience programs! GSNI service units can host movie parties, and troops can schedule “Popcorn & Movie” meetings, along with other fun and exciting activities!
Remember, all GSNI service units, troops, and groups must adhere to Girl Scout Activity Guidelines in Response to COVID when setting up any Girl Scout in-person event.
We’re sure you have a lot of questions, so we’ve created some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.
Our FAQs will answer:
- Can my service unit and/or my troop show a movie in an outdoor setting?
- Can my service unit and/or my troop charge an admission fee for the movie?
- Can we advertise and promote the approved movie title?
- How do I know which movie titles are approved?
- May I show an approved movie virtually during a meeting with my Girl Scout troop or group?
- Do I need a special permission slip for GSNI Girl Scouts to view a movie shown at a troop meeting or service unit?
- And more…
Have a question not on the list? Reach out to your GSNI Member Support Specialist for assistance!