Did you know that Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois invests $265 in each of our girl members annually? We know it is important to invest in the leaders of tomorrow by investing in the girls of today—the Girl Scouts who are learning to lead in their own lives and in their communities. They are discovering what is important to them, connecting with others and taking action to make the world a better place. Our goal is to provide cutting-edge program initiatives to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, so that they may grow in their leadership. Your contribution will directly help us reach that goal and will impact the girls in our council.
Two-thirds of the women who are today’s leaders in government, business, education, medicine, science and in their communities were once Girl Scouts. But we know two-thirds of too few is not enough. An investment in Girl Scouts is broader than a case or a cure. It’s a commitment to a generation. Our donors and volunteers are changing the world by supporting the young women who change it.
Imagine what an entire generation of girls will do given the confidence, the skills and the experience they need to lead!
- Your gift of $50—provides supplies for a Take Action project in which girls discover the root cause of a community issue and develop sustainable solutions together.
- Your gift of $100—provides a girl with everything she needs for a year of Girl Scouting—membership dues, books, her uniform, and a program opportunity.
- Your gift of $250—allows a girl with a life-changing week of resident camp at one of our camps located throughout our region.
- Your gift of $500—can help us provide background checks for up to 10 adult volunteers who are ready to be mentors and role models.
Here’s how YOU can help today.
- Donate securely on line NOW—your tax-deductible gift will make an immediate difference in the lives of girls
- Donate by Mail
- Donate by Automatic Payment
- Make a gift of Stock
- Make a lasting gift through Planned Giving
- Give a gift to a Tribute Fund
- Participate in the annual Family Partnership Campaign
- Attend and/or sponsor an event—there are many networking and fundraising events throughout the year
- See if your company matches your dontation to GSNI!
You can mail your cash or check to us at this address:
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois
2820 McFarland Road
Rockford, IL 61105
Maximize your gift to girls by creating an affordable payment schedule through bi-weekly or monthly automatic payments from your bank account or by authorizing charges on your credit/debit card. Download the Automatic Payment Form.
Details for Transferring Stock:
DTC # 2039
Agent Bank # 16919
Institution ID# 95015
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois Account #000001299221
The Juliette Low Society is GSNI’s Endowment Fund for the future. There are several ways you can become a member of the Juliette Low Society.
- Include GSNI in your will
- Name GSNI as owner or beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Include GSNI in a charitable trust, gift annuity, or pooled income fund
Gifts can be made online or by mail in a person’s honor or memory. If you choose to make an honor/memorial gift online, please provide any acknowledgement instructions when completing the online giving form. Download the Tribute/Memorial Form.
Through the family partnership campaign, you can contribute to the successful future and impact the Girl Scout experience for your daughter, your neighbor, or for a girl in your community. Your Girl Scout's involvement in Girl Scouts shows you care and believe in the Girl Scout program. With your support girls will discover, connect and take action to make the world a better place.
Family Partnership Funds and other donations to our council provide:
- Financial assistance for girls whose families experience financial need.
- Resources for leaders such as publications, training, resource center materials, services and staff support, equipment loans, and adult recognition.
- Camp operations, improvements, and subsidies.
- Program opportunities and events for girls of all ages.
There are two easy ways to make a contribution:
- Online Membership Registration: within the online Girl Registration there is a box offering the opportunity to give a gift. Parents can complete this section and include a gift when registering their daughter.
- Family Partnership Card: parents can complete this card and mail it with their gift directly to our council's fund development team.
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois welcomes gifts from the business and philanthropic communities, which have a crucial role to play in the futures of the girls we serve. Generous support from corporations, charitable foundations and local civic organizations ensures Girl Scouting remains affordable and accessible to all girls. We actively seek partnerships with large and small corporations, locally owned businesses, business associations and professional organizations with links to the business community in order to further our work. Click here to learn about our events.
Corporations, businesses and civic/social organizations throughout our communities provide generous contributions. Gifts may be designated to underwrite Girl Scouting in a specific area or to underwrite a council program, such as STEM, healthy lifestyles, Financial Literacy, anti-bullying, or career exploration.
Philanthropic or charitable foundations may make contributions to Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois at the council level. Due to IRS regulations and other legal statutes, grants may only be applied for and accepted by an authorized employee of Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois development team.
Gifts In Kind
Corporations may choose to give gifts-in-kind of materials or products, which may be accepted when the gift can be used immediately by Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois. Gifts-in-kind for which donors are eligible for a charitable gift deduction will be acknowledged by an itemized receipt however, the donor will be responsible for reporting gifts at their fair value, in accordance with current IRS regulations.
Sponsor an Event
Events scheduled throughout the year help create awareness about Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois and highlight our next generation of leaders. Our event sponsors benefit by partnering with a trusted brand with a 101-year reputation and receive benefits based on their financial support such as mention in our Annual Report and Northern Lights newsletter, ad space in program booklets and event tickets. Click here to view a list of our upcoming events.