We have been alerted that an online flyer is calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies. It is based on a wealth of misinformation. First and foremost, the mission of Girl Scouts is to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. This is not a political mission. Girl Scouts of the USA and Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will not tolerate special interest groups linking its name to any political issue in order to advance an agenda, nor will it tolerate individuals and organizations that misuse its name and/or brand. That said, we aim to supply our Girl Scout family with all information and materials necessary to deliver the truth to our supporters.
In light of multiple articles alleging Girl Scouts has ties to certain organizations, here are some key facts to consider.
- Girl Scouts has not endorsed any person or organization. Girl Scouts has not endorsed any political party or politician.
- Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois does not have a relationship with Planned Parenthood.
- Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship with Planned Parenthood.
- Girl Scouts does not take a position on reproductive issues. We believe these are matters that are best discussed within the family.
- We feel our role is to help girls develop self-confidence and good decision-making skills that will help them make wise choices in all areas of their lives.